Fujikura 80S+ Fiber Optic Fusion Splicer is core-to-core alignment single fiber splicer providing minimum splice loss. Splicing takes only 6 seconds, and heating takes only 9 seconds. Fujikura 80S+ is designed for splicing single-count optical fibers: SM (G.652/657), MM (G.651), DSF (G.653), NZDSF (G.655) for telecommunication use, PON/FTTx networks, etc.
Fujikura 80S+ model is successor of the famous Fujikura 80S series of splicers, top splicer model from Fujikura. The upgraded version is characterized by Bluetooth connection capability for thermal stripper operation control, as well as new menus for thermal stripper adjustment and wireless connection configuration. The manufacturer has also upgraded several other menu items. Configurable automation features allow you to customize the operation of the machine to best suit your particular splicing technique and process.
The device is optimized for splicing under severe weather conditions, it is protected from stress and shock. It may be powered from 220 V AC, or using a battery (included). For user comfort the package contains a convenient working table, where you may place the needed tools: a cleaver, a stripper, sleeves, etc.
- Reduced splicing time – 6 seconds only.
- Reduced heating time – 9 seconds only.
- Wireless connection via Bluetooth.
- Splices all known types of fibers.
- Fiber core alignment.
- Typical average splice loss for single mode cable with G.652D fiber is only 0.02 dB.
- Increased electrode lifetime – up to 3000 splicing cycles with one set, without splicing quality loss.
- Battery life increased up to 200 full splicing/heating cycles.
- Rotary color anti-glare LCD 4.73″, high contrast and vividness.
- Simultaneous display of X and Y axes.
- May splice SC, LC, MPO connectors.
- Automatic: wind-protective lid, heater, fiber holders.
- Increased water, dust and shock resistance, may be used under severe environment conditions.
- Automatic arc calibration.
- Battery BTR-09 is included.
- New comfortable carrying case, optimized for quick operation start.
- The case may be used as a working table.
- Operation manual is installed into the splicer.
- Software update option.
- 2 years of full warranty with the device replacement.
|Splicing / Heating|
|Typical Splicing Time||6 sec (for SM)|
|Typical Heating Time||9 sec (for 60 mm sleeves)|
|Applicable Fibers||SMF (ITU-T G.652)
MMF (ITU-T G.651)
DSF (ITU-T G.653)
CSF (ITU-T G.654)
Fiber with low sensitivity to bends (ITU-T G.657)
|Cladding Diameter||80 μm – 150 μm|
|Coating Diameter||100 μm – 1,000 μm|
|Fiber Cleave Length||5 – 16 mm|
|Typical Average Splice Loss||0,02 dB (SMF)
0,01 dB (mmF)
0,04 dB (DSF)
0,04 dB (NZDSF)
|Splice Loss Estimate||core
|Return Loss||≤60 dB|
|Compatible Protection Sleeves||60 mm
|Splicing Modes||100 user programmable|
|Heating Modes||30 (10 preset + 20 user programmable)|
|Internal Memory||up to 2000 splice results and parameters|
|Mechanical Proof Test||stretching force 1.96 – 2.25 N|
|Electrodes lifetime||3000 cycles|
|External Interfaces||USB 1.1, Mini-DIN|
|Screen type||rotary anti-glare LCD|
|Viewing||Yes (2 CMOS cameras)|
|Adapter ADC-19||220 V AC|
|Battery BTR-09||4000 mAh|
|Battery Cycles||up to 200 splicing/heating cycles|
|Temperature||–10 ~ +50°C|
|Altitude above sea level||0 ~ 5000 m|
|RH||0 ~ 95%|
|Max. wind velocity||34 mph / 15 m/s|
|Temperature||–40 ~ +80 °C|
|RH||0 ~ 95%|
|Shock Resistance||height: 76 cm, any surface|
|Dust Resistance||dust particles from 0.1 to 500 μm|
|Rain Resistance||10 mm/h for 10 min|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Weight||2,5 kg (with adapter ADC-18)
2,7 kg (with battery BTR-09)